Questions to Ask Your The Right Time Health Provider During Your Appointment
Did you know providers can help you with a wide range of topics related to sexual health?
As you may know, the providers at your nearest The Right Time health center are there to provide patients with confidential, medically accurate and unbiased care. The Right Time providers are patient-focused and able to help you sort through your birth control options. They also help you with a wide range of topics related to sexual health. If you’re not sure what to ask a provider during an appointment, here are a few sample questions that can help you start a conversation about how birth control and other topics.
Questions about birth control
- Should I be on a more reliable birth control method?
- What are my best contraceptive options?
- How and when should I adjust my birth control if I want to get pregnant?
Questions about your menstrual cycle
- What should I do about an irregular period or painful period?
- Can you help me alleviate severe PMS?
- Should I consider birth control that reduces the number of cycles I have each year?
- Is it safe to skip my period altogether?
Questions about STIs
Questions about prevention and care
- What tests and screenings do I need each year? How often should I get a Pap smear?
- Should I get the HPV vaccine?
- How do I prevent yeast infections and UTIs? What do I do if I get one of them?
- How do I perform a breast self-exam? When should I get my first mammogram?
Questions about sexual issues
- It hurts when I have sex. What can I do?
- My sex drive has changed. Is there anything I can do about it?
Updated July 2021
ArticleWhat to Do When Your Birth Control Delivery is Late
Not having birth control can be really stressful! But don't panic.
ArticleBirth Control and Your Period
Will birth control change your period? Depending on the method, it might.
ArticleWhat is a LARC?
To get an IUD or implant for free or at a low-cost, talk to a provider at your nearest The Right Time health center.
ArticleHaving PCOS Taught Me How to Advocate for Myself
"So, while [doctors] may be the experts in their field, I am the expert on myself."