Pickup Lines: The Good, the Bad, and the Ones So Ridiculous They Might Work
Any flirt will tell you: A good pickup line said at the right time can be a great conversation starter. But how do you come off clever and not clueless?
Any flirt will tell you: A good pickup line said at the right time can be a great conversation starter. But how do you come off clever and not clueless? The trick to pulling off a pickup line is never taking it seriously. You want to show off your charm and wit with a wink. You want to make the person laugh, not cringe. And you want to say it with breezy confidence—yes, that’s a thing—so practice with some of these.
- You look familiar. Did we take a class together? I could’ve sworn we had chemistry.
- If I told you I worked for FedEx would you let me handle your package?
- Are you a campfire? Because you’re hot and I want s’more.
- Is your name Google? Because you’ve got everything I’m searching for.
- My friends bet me that I wouldn’t be able to start a conversation with the hottest [guy/girl] in the bar. Wanna buy some drinks with their money?
- Are you a parking ticket? Because you’ve got fine written all over you.
- If you were coffee you’d be espresso, because you’re so fine.
- There’s something wrong with my phone. It doesn’t have your number in it.
- You look cold. Want to use me as a blanket?
- If you were words on a page, you’d be fine print.
- Do you have a sunburn or are you always this hot?
- What do you like for breakfast?
- I was so taken by you that I ran into that wall over there. So I’m going to need your name and number for insurance purposes.
- I don’t have a library card, but do you mind if I check you out?
- If you were a Transformer, you’d be Optimus Fine.
- You may be asked to leave soon, you’re making everyone else look bad.
- Can I take your picture to show Santa what I want for Christmas?
- My magic watch says you don’t have any underwear on. [Person says they do.] Oh, you do? It must be 15 minutes fast.
- You look a lot like my next crush.
- Is your name homework? Because I’m not doing you, but I should.
BTW, should any of these lines lead to something, visit a The Right Time health center to get help finding the best birth control for you. They stock all methods of contraception and offer free or low-cost contraception to those who need it.
Updated June 2019
ArticleWhat is Sexual Health, and How Can Birth Control Support It?
"Sexual health" is an important part of our physical and emotional health.”
ArticleBirth Control Remains Legal and Available in Missouri
Your method, your choice.
ArticleWhat Does It Mean for Missouri Residents Now That Roe v. Wade Has Been Overturned?
Bottom line: contraception is still legal.
ArticleBirth Control is for Everyone
No matter where you fall on the LGBTQIA+ spectrum, there’s a birth control method out there for you.