Withdrawal: Side Effects, Benefits and FAQs
- As inexpensive as it gets
- No prescription necessary
- The only side effect of withdrawal is a very real possibility of having a baby before you’re ready
- Difficult to perform perfectly every single time
- Hard to remember to do if you’re drunk
You might want to use a spermicide along with pulling out to make withdrawal more effective.
More Articles & Videos
Articles & Videos
Provider Perspective5 Myths About Pulling Out, Busted
Who you gonna call? Mythbusters!
"For it to be effective, you’ve got to have some serious skill."
Provider PerspectivePull Out All the Stops: Doubling Up with Withdrawal
The oldest method of birth control is still going strong—and it plays well with others.
ArticleThe Perfect Threesome: Pulling Out + Spermicide + Caya
The new Caya diaphragm pairs well with some spermicide and the oldest birth control method.